When it comes to classic cars, restoration and elevation to their former showroom-quality glory, the absolute piece de resistance is to be honored by the Legends, San Pedro’s exclusive Car Club. The Legends club consists of a camaraderie where they all come from the same era and talk cars, play horseshoes and accept anyone with an old car.
On Paseo Del Mar between Barbara and Leland Streets, on most Sundays, member’s cars are easily spotted, with the exquisiteness of flawless flamboyant paint and shame less shine, where every square inch is meticulously cherished and nurtured.
Not only spending countless hours and dedication to their cars, the members have made community service a priority. Legends’ members have worked untiringly to raise funds for many charities in the community and assisting those suffering from extreme hardships. Making a difference in today’s times have not only benefited others but has given the car club the motivation to continue good deeds of kindness for others.
Legends’ fundraisers include the annual “Legends Car Show” along side of the Lion’s Club Charity. The Legends have an annual Dinner Dance Fundraiser. Participated in the American Cancer Society’s “Relay for Life”, donate Thanksgiving baskets, Christmas Toy Run where donations of unwrapped toys are sent to the Los Angeles Police Department’s Harbor Division for exceptionally needy children, and any cash donation are turned to gift cards for teens.
The Legends Car Club of San Pedro is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
Many charitable organizations benefit from the generosity of the Legends’ fundraisers. These include S.H.A.W.L. for homeless and addicted woman, Rainbow Services for woman and children of domestic violence, Beacon House, San Pedro Wednesday Club, San Pedro Service Center, and the Long Beach Children’s Hospital. As of today, the Legends’ Car Club consists of 22 members. One of their greatest hopes is the continuation of the Legends foundation, that the younger generations keep the cruisin’ sparks alive and with it, the desire to give back to the society.
Some of the Charities we Donate to
- LIONS CLUB
- ALEX’S LEMONADE STAND – FOUNDATION FOR CHILDHOOD CANCER
- SALVATION ARMY
- CHARLOTTE WHITE & ASS /CENTER FOR VICTIMS OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
- FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH/ FAMILY BASKET PROGRAM
- S.H.A.W.L. / HOMELESS WOMEN CENTER
- AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY
- SAN PEDRO SERVICE CENTER/ FOOD PANTRY PROGRAM
- RAINBOW SERVICES/WOMEN AND CHILDREN RECOVERING FROM VIOLENCE
- TOBERMAN HOUSE
- THE BEACON HOUSE
- CHARLIE SEARS POLICE & FIRE BRAIN TUMOR FOUNDATION
- POINT FERMAN ELEMENTRY SCHOOL
- POINT FERMAN LIGHTHOUSE SOCIETY
- L.A.P.D. TOY DRIVE & FOOD GIVEAWAY PROGRAM
- L.A. UNIFIED SCHOOL/ BEYOND THE BELL PROGRAM
- LONG BEACH MILLER CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL
- BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB OF LOS ANGELES
- TOBERMAN NEIGHBORHOOD CENTER/ TOBERMAN HOUSE FOR KIDS
- LONG BEACH POLYTECHNIC HIGH SCHOOL
- SAN PEDRO HIGH SCHOOL
- LITTLE SISTERS OF THE POOR
- LOS ANGELES COUNTY SHERIFF DEPARTMENT
- PACIFIC MESO CENTER / MESOTHELIOMA CANCER RESEARCH